A leading asset management firm in the Bay area is looking to build out a centralized risk function to manage overall risk for the firm, and is looking for a quantitative junior candidate to assist in building this infrastructure from the ground up. This firm is large in terms of asset but runs lean in terms of people, and is looking for this hire to grow into a leader for the business.
The hire will be responsible for building and creating risk frameworks, dashboards, and essentially the risk infrastructure to manage the overall firmwide risk, work closely with the CIO and Front Office, and serve in a risk advisory function as the platform matures.
The firm is looking for junior candidates with 2+ years of industry experience coming from a multi-strategy hedge fund, proficiency in Python, and excellent communication skills.
- Building and creating risk frameworks, dashboards, and risk infrastructure to manage the overall risk for the firm
- Assisting in the creation of a true centralized risk function
- Managing ad-hoc projects
- Working directly with the front office, CIO, and senior management on a daily basis
- 2+ years of industry experience at a multi-strategy hedge-fund
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment and with senior management
- Solid grasp of financial risk management