Bulge Bracket bank looking to add to their rapidly expanding Investment Banking team in Frankfurt with a motivated Associate to work in the cross-sector (Industrials, Consumer, Healthcare, Energy etc.) Investment Banking team.
This coverage model allows focus on core clients in the Germany and Austria region (DAX listed companies, large private companies, private equity investors) with no particular industry focus from the outset (except for FIG).
- Build / review highly complex financial models for valuation and financial impact analysis (incl. credit & risk analysis).
- Create effective client presentation and marketing materials incl. pitch books, written proposals, etc.
- Lead preparation of internal and external transaction documentation, incl. new business memoranda, M&A process marketing documents (e.g. information memoranda), greenlight and commitment memoranda, analyst and investor presentations, etc.
- Take responsibility for selected project work streams on live transactions as agreed with the project team.
- Develop and maintain client relationships on working level.
- Support more senior bankers in day-to-day business and transaction execution as required.
- Lead team in the standard processes such as KYC, AML, conflicts check and Risk (incl. fairness committee, etc.).
- Take ownership for junior development and recruiting.
- Develop awareness of key client opportunities
- Excellent academic track record.
- University degree or equivalent academic background.
- High degree of personal effectiveness.
- High level of self-motivation, commitment, dedication and accountability.
- Ability to work under time pressure, multi-task, meet deadlines and delegate effectively.
- Deep understanding of key accounting, finance, economics and valuation concepts.
- Team player with always positive attitude
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills (incl. financial modelling).
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English language (both orally and written).
- Pronounced thinking skills (incl. understanding of complex situations and risks).
- Strong interpersonal skills