A Major International Investment Bank in the New York area is hiring for an Associate-level (3+ years) candidate to join their Model Risk Management Group and cover validation of interest rates derivatives models. This team is very hands-on and will offer high visibility to the heads of the group and senior management.
The hire will be responsible for not only validating interest rates derivatives models, but also securitized products models, PPNR models, and VaR models. It will offer broad exposure across models and products, and exposure to engaging with the front office, finance, and risk departments. Essentially, this hire will be responsible for all aspects of model risk management from a hands-on perspective alongside senior team members and the Head of the Group.
The firm is ideally looking for candidates coming from a model risk background who have at least 3+ years of experience in validation of interest rates derivatives models. The hiring manager is open-ended into what coding language is used, as long as there is strong proficiency in either Python, R, VBA, MATLAB, or C++.
- Hands-on validation of interest rate derivatives models, securitized products models, PPNR models and VaR models
- Covering all aspects of model risk management for the front office and risk functions
- Constant interaction and engagement with senior management and the front office
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Prior experience validating interest rates derivatives models (highly preferred), or securitized products models, PPNR models, VaR models, etc.
- Strong programming skills in either Python, R, C++, MATLAB or VBA
- Graduate degree in a relevant quantitative field