Currently working with a Global Financial Institution who is seeking to expand their legal team. This individual would be part of their global privacy team and be a critical hire for the firm. You will be responsible for designing and implementing a global privacy law compliance program as well as monitoring and maintaining new organizational developments. This is a highly visible role that would work with stakeholders across multiple offices and continents.
- Lead the privacy negotiations and implement contract terms relating to data privacy and protection, between company and vendors, third party contractors, suppliers, and customers.
- Collaborate with members of the legal team, information security and stakeholders to ensure all existing and new products comply with privacy requirements.
- Support the response team for incidents or breaches involving personal data.
- Maintain a well-established data record inventory of data processing activities and other privacy related documentation required by the GDPR.
- JD from a top tier Law school
- 8+ years of experience at a top-tier law firm or in-house within a Corporate or Privacy legal department.
- Certification in privacy and data protection (CIPP, CIPM or CIPT) is a plus
- Experience with privacy programs from inception to operation