Our client, a global private markets firm, is looking to bring on an Associate General Counsel to their already impressive team of legal professionals. Our client has a global reach with four investment strategies across four different asset classes. You will be working directly with a Deputy General Counsel in the Venture Capital vertical within the Private Equity space.
The Private Equity asset class is our clients biggest class and this role plays an integral part in the development and continued success of the VC and Growth Equity sector. This will give you an opportunity to work with the most innovative and forward thinking start-ups in the world.
- Work directly with DGC in fund formation for VC and Growth Equity
- Negotiate and execute documents including SEC Filings, subscription documents, and term sheets
- Negotiate and draft documentation to execute different types of investments
- Supervise paralegals
- Ad-hoc special projects ranging from strategic transactions to fiduciary counseling and training
- 5-10 years of VC, investment management and/or transactional experience in either private practice, in-house, or both
- J.D. from a top tier, accredited law school
- Admitted to CA bar
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to thrive in fast-paced and challenging environments
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please do not hesitate to apply.