A Quantitative Hedge Fund is looking to hire an Accounting Associate to report directly to the CFO. This company is relatively lean with roughly 60+ employees, but has been averaging 30% annual returns over the last decade. This role will sit on the trading floor in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
The opening can sit in Stamford CT, and ideal candidates will have prior experience with fund accounting or accounting at a hedge fund/alternative investment firm/investment bank. Aside from directly reporting to the CFO, you will also manage stakeholder relationships across portfolio management, trade booking and external regulatory engagements.
The Accounting Associate's responsibilities include:
- Settlements of reset cash flows including the execution of FX spot trades
- Performing PnL reconciliations and reconciling market prices and values
- Developing reports to assess investment strategy performance and vendor management
- Assisting with the monthly valuation process for NAV approval for funds and separately managed accounts
- Being involved with general finance operations for the fund including cash forecasting, profitability modeling and tracking compensation
The Account Associate should have:
- 2+ years of experience in accounting at a hedge fund or arbitrage firm
- 3-5 years of accounting experience total
- Bachelor's degree with an Accounting/Business/Quantitative focus
- CPA Certification preferred